Newly released X-Files from the United Kingdom’s National Archives reveal the role of that country’s Ministry of Defense UFO Desk officers, what they actually thought about possible alien visits to Earth and their ideas on harnessing alien technology as a weapon.
There are 25 files, comprising more than 6,700 pages, that include UFO policy, parliamentary questions, media issues, public correspondence and, of course, UFO sighting reports. Overall, more than 10,000 UFO reports came through the special Ministry of Defense unit from 1950 to 2009.
“These are probably the most fascinating and bizarre government files ever made available to the public,” said Nick Pope, who was the UFO Desk officer from 1991 to 1994.
- UFO X-Files Released By U.K. Reveal Desire To Weaponize Alien Technology (huffingtonpost.com)
- UK government releases ‘X-Files’ UFO documents (digiindie.wordpress.com)
- UFO Files: Declassified U.K. Documents Released, Reveal Tony Blair Was Briefed On UFO Sightings (sott.net)
- Declassified ‘UFO’ Documents Don’t Prove Alien Life (space.com)
- 25 X-Files Released by British Government (theepochtimes.com)