While I welcome the disclosure, the fact that the US government has now officially stated that they are not hiding evidence of alien contact is not likely to change any minds.
The Obama White House has created a website called We the People in which anyone can write a petition for information from the administration. The current rules state that a petition has to achieve 150 signatures within 30 days to appear on the publicly searchable database, and then must reach 25,000 signatures within 30 days in order to trigger a response from the administration. This second threshold was just increased from 5,000. The two UFO petitions combined garnered 17,000 signatures, but I guess it beat the increase to the higher threshold.
UFO conspiracy theorists have been claiming for years that the US government has been hiding extensive knowledge of contact with aliens. The alleged crashed saucer at Roswell New Mexico is just one famous example. The conspiracy claims include the claim that the government maintains …
- Conspiracy Theorists: UFO Over Antarctica? (livescience.com)
- Facts about conspircy theorists and beleivers (illuminutti.com)
- Spherical ‘UFO’ Spotted Over South Pole (businessinsider.com)
- The 12 Most Popular Economic Conspiracy Theories (illuminutti.com)
- General Conspiracies – 1984 Olympics – 2012 Olympics-Public conditioning and UFO’s (disclose.tv)