By Lee Speigel via huffingtonpost.com
LAS VEGAS — Former Air Force Col. Charles Halt accused the federal government of a UFO cover-up that involves a secret agency to deal with what might be extraterrestrial visitations.
“I’m firmly convinced there’s an agency, and there is an effort to suppress,” Halt told an audience of 200 people Saturday night at the Smithsonian-affiliated National Atomic Testing Museum.
Two former Air Force officers who were part of the infamous Project Blue Book — the military’s official UFO investigation in the 1950s and ’60s — and a former investigator with Britain’s Ministry of Defense were among the panel of speakers for a program entitled “Military UFOs: Secrets Revealed.”
Halt, pictured below, was the deputy base commander of the RAF Bentwaters military base in England and one of numerous eyewitnesses to several UFO-related events at Rendlesham Forest in December 1980. He believes the observed UFOs were either extraterrestrial or extradimensional in origin.
“I’ve heard many people say that it’s time for the government to appoint an agency to investigate,” Halt said.
“Folks, there is an agency, a very close-held, compartmentalized agency that’s been investigating this for years, and there’s a very active role played by many of our intelligence agencies that probably don’t even know the details of what happens once they collect the data and forward it. It’s kind of scary, isn’t it?
“In the last couple of years, the British have released a ton of information, but has anybody ever seen what their conclusions were or heard anything about Bentwaters officially? When the documents were released, the timeframe when I was involved in the incident is missing — it’s gone missing. Nothing else is missing,” he said.
Halt added that he’s never been harassed over the reports he made about the Bentwaters UFO incidents.
“Probably for a couple of good reasons. Number one, my rank and some of the jobs I’ve held, but also very early on, I sat down and made a very detailed tape and made several copies of everything I know about it and they’re secluded away. Maybe I’m paranoid. I don’t know, but I think it was time well spent when I made the tapes.”
While the lecture panel members didn’t always see eye-to-eye on the details of specific UFO cases, one common thread ran through them. (More . . . )
- Former Air Force Colonel Accuses US of UFO Cover-Up (the2012scenario.com)
- Charles Halt, Former Air Force Colonel, Accuses U.S. Of UFO Cover-Up (pakalertpress.com)
- Charles Halt, Former Air Force Colonel, Accuses U.S. Of UFO Cover-Up (topalternativenews.com)
- Former Col. Accuses Federal Government Of UFO Cover-Up (huffingtonpost.com)
- UFO Military Secrets Revealed? (conservativebyte.com)
- UFOs Are Real, Should Be Studied, Says Ex-Project Blue Book Director Col. Robert Friend (huffingtonpost.com)
- Charles Halt, Former Air Force Colonel, Accuses U.S. Of UFO Cover-Up | THE JEENYUS CORNER (jeenyuscorner.com)