via The Soap Box
The 9/11 conspiracy theories are probably some of the most thoroughly debunked conspiracy theories out there, with thousands of people devoting hundreds of hours to debunk these theories. Some of these theories have been debunked for so long, and so early on, and have such clear evidence (including photographic evidence) that they can only be best described as lies.
Here is what could be considered 10 of the biggest lies people in the 9/11 Truth movement (or Truthers, as they are commonly called) tell:
(Author’s note: these are just the 10 I remembered off of my head. There are actually a lot more than this.)
• 10. There were pools and rivers of molten steel at the WTC site.
No there wasn’t. There are satellite pictures of hot spots where the towers stood, and pictures of steel beams that were red hot, but never any pictures of molten steel, nor has anyone who was actually at the site after the towers fell have ever claimed to have seen pools and rivers of molten steel.
The satellite pictures that show these hot spots show that those areas were actually places where underground fires were, and not molten steel because the temperature of the heat being given off from those areas was not hot enough to cause steel to melt.
• 9. No plane was witnessed hitting the Pentagon.
Actually there are multiple witnesses to the plane hitting the Pentagon. There is also video taken from a security camera that, while it is very difficult to tell for many people, does show a plane hitting the Pentagon.
• 8. No pieces of American Airlines Flight 77 was ever found at the Penatgon.
Actually much of the plane was recovered, including remains of the passengers on board (including the five hijackers), and the flight recorder (although damaged to the point where nothing usable could be recovered on it). In fact there are actually photos of pieces of the planes that were being recovered from the crash site and removed from the site for further investigation.
• 7. The towers fell at free fall speeds.
No they didn’t. The towers fell at speeds slower then free fall. There are videos that show the towers falling at free fall speeds, but these videos have had their speed altered to make it look like they are falling at free fall speeds.
• 6. The towers imploded.
No they didn’t. If you were to watch any videos of the towers collapsing then you would see that the towers collapsed on top of themselves rather then implode into themselves, the results of which spewed out a lot of debris over the site, heavily damaging many of the other buildings there.
MORE . . .
- Meet the Sandy Hook truthers (illuminutti.com)
- Irrational thoughts reign: Ideas of the Sandy Hook truthers (doubtfulnews.com)
- ‘Truther’ group that questions 9/11 attacks adopts a Missouri highway (foxnews.com)
- Meet the Sandy Hook truthers – Salon.com (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Minesweeping for Truthers (conservativeread.com)
- Conspiracy Theories (political-culture.com)