- Meet the Sandy Hook truthers (illuminutti.com)
- Sicko Conspiracy Sociopaths Harass Man Who Sheltered Kids During Sandy Hook Massacre (theageofblasphemy.wordpress.com)
- The worst Sandy Hook conspiracy theory yet (salon.com)
- KTH: Newtown harassed by conspiracy theorists (ac360.blogs.cnn.com)
- Anderson Cooper Tackles ‘Sickening,’ ‘Ignorant’ Newtown Conspiracy Theories (mediaite.com)
- Professor James Tracy says he’s facing university probe over Newtown conspiracy (rawstory.com)
- Exposing Newtown conspiracy theory (illuminutti.com)
- Anderson Cooper Goes After ‘Anonymous Internet Trolls’ Pushing Conspiracies About Newtown And Gun Control (mediaite.com)
- Newtown families targeted, intimidated (ac360.blogs.cnn.com)
Originally posted on Anderson Cooper 360:
Anderson Cooper speaks with Salon.com reporter Alex Seitz-Wald, who has been covering the Sandy Hook conspiracy theories, and Jordan Ghawi, whose sister was killed in the Aurora, Colorado movie theater shooting. Ghawi was targeted by conspiracy theorists days after Jessica died.
Seitz-Wald researched conspiracy theories in the U.S. and found most followers are “inclined to believe the government is out to get them” and is collaborating with the media. “They have this confirmation bias, as psychologists call it, to look for only evidence that supports their theories and disregard anything that says otherwise,” he says.
View original 150 more words