via CBS Denver
DENVER (CBS4) – One Denver psychic has been convicted of theft, a second was arrested this month in California and Denver prosecutors are still seeking to arrest a third psychic accused of convincing clients she was a “witch doctor.”
Ralph Stevenson, an investigator with the Denver District Attorney’s Economic Crimes Unit, said victims have described the psychics as being akin to “witch doctors,” making grapefruits bleed, tomatoes taste like salt and cracking eggs open and producing gooey black yolks.
“In these cases, where after they’ve paid money for services rendered, they take additional money, I believe through theft and deception, through magic and things like that and then don’t give money back to the victims … that’s when we get involved,” said Stevenson.
Denver psychic Cathy Ann Russo is currently on probation after being pleading guilty last August to felony theft and misdemeanor theft. Over the course of five years, beginning in 2007, Russo conned a Hispanic man out of $35,250. according to court records.
She told him his money had “evil spirits” and that she needed to pray on his money to rid the cash of its evil spirits. She promised the man she would return the money to him as soon as his cash was cleansed. At one point, she told the man she had buried his money in a graveyard.
MORE . . .
- Psychic arrested; Didn’t see it coming (illuminutti.com)
- Secrets of the Psychics – James Randi (illuminutti.com)
- 2 Psychics Arrested, 3rd Sought (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Denver DA arrests two psychics for fraud, going for hattrick (doubtfulnews.com)
- Philosophy – Re: What Am I thinking Of ??? – Psychic Test - (disclose.tv)
- Crestline Psychic Accused Of Embezzlement (losangeles.cbslocal.com)
- KLEE: Psychic says – Ravens scary, but Broncos win Super Bowl (gazette.com)