Once upon a time, not so long ago, I came across a website that provided “Bigfoot Facts” for kids. The site didn’t say from where these facts were derived but they were commonly circulated in various books and all over the web.
Here are some typical “facts”:
- Bigfoot has been spotted all over the world, often in wooded and mountainous areas.
- Bigfoot is an omnivore, eating plants, nuts, berries, fish, deer, and other animals.
- Bigfoot is shy. He just likes to be around others of his own kind but not around people.
- Since Bigfoot doesn’t want to be noticed or photographed, he is hard to spot and difficult to capture on film.
- He is curious, aware of people, and can stealthily avoid them.
- Bigfoots talk to each other by making loud howls across long distances or by wood knocking.
- Bigfoot throws rocks at people to scare them away. He isn’t mean, just territorial.
How do they know these things? I asked the site owner. My comment got rejected and my question was never answered. Did I cross a line? I just wanted a reference. Apparently, that was too much to ask.
Self-styled Bigfoot researchers make claims that suggest they know more about Bigfoot than Bigfoot might know about himself. They can tell me what Bigfoot likes and doesn’t like, where he sleeps at night, how he avoids detection, and how he communicates. They tell the public that Bigfoot makes those sounds they hear at night. They find locations where a Bigfoot passed through or slept or built a shelter. These researchers even know about Bigfoots’ “culture”—what they do with their dead relatives, how they can fool humans. But apparently they don’t know enough to catch one.
Continue Reading: CSI | “You are Not Entitled to Your Own Bigfoot Facts”.
- Nearly one-third of Americans believe in Bigfoot (chron.com)
- The Great Bigfoot Debate! (chron.com)
- Does Bigfoot Exist ? (conspiracyreveal.wordpress.com)
- Bigfoot Encounter In Grand River Area Of Ohio (VIDEO) (illuminutti.com)
- Bigfoot News September 14, 2012 (robertlindsay.wordpress.com)
- Is This New Video Proof Of Bigfoot? [VIDEO] (now100fm.cbslocal.com)