Nikola Tesla was one of our greatest pioneering electrical engineers. Unfortunately, pretty much everything else you’ve heard about him isn’t true. http://infactvideo.com
Fracking has been a standard practice in natural gas mining for a long time, but documentary films have caused some laypeople to question its safety. How justified are these fears? http://infactvideo.com
- Fracking Explained: A Balanced Look at a Complicated Problem (gizmodo.com)
- Friday Funny: Fracking protestors and their petro-sourced belongings (wattsupwiththat.com)
Did the US Navy make an entire ship disappear in a 1943 experiment that went awry?
- Time Travel and the Mystery of the Philadelphia Experiment (starshake.wordpress.com)
- Mysteries: Top 5 Wildest Conspiracy Theories (theepochtimes.com)
Are they indeed as terrible as some people say?
- Whole Foods, others to shun genetically modified seafood (reuters.com)
- Growing concerns: Rise of modified plants raise questions (poststar.com)
- Poll Shows What Americans Think Of GMOs (huffingtonpost.com)
- A founder of the anti-GM food movement on how he got it wrong (macleans.ca)
Everyone says organic food is better for you and better for the environment. But is that true, or is it just eco-marketing rhetoric?
- Organic Pesticides Fail EU Safety Review (OpenMarket.org), March 30, 2009 (PDF)
- Mythbusting 101: Organic Farming (Scientific American), July 18, 2011 (PDF)
- “Organic” Foods: Certification Does Not Protect Consumers (QuackWatch)
- Does Mother Nature Always Know What’s Best? (sciencebasedlife.wordpress.com)
- Dr. Oz Flip-Flops on Supporting Organics as High-Profile Attacks Intensify (alternet.org)
Are we alone in the galaxy? And if not, have those aliens been visiting us?
Ever hear someone argue a point that was effective, even though it didn’t quite ring true? Chances are they used a logical fallacy.
Each video is only about 3 minutes long. Enjoy :)
Three great websites run by Brian Dunning (in the videos above) that all skeptical thinkers ought to have bookmarked:
Mason I. Bilderberg (MIB)
- The 12 cognitive biases that prevent you from being rational (illuminutti.com)
- Path of a Critical Thinker (Meow) (dead-logic.blogspot.com)