via The Soap Box
Doomsday Preppers is a popular show on the National Geographic Channel that profiles people that are preparing for what they believe is going to be a major disaster that will lead to the end of civilization as we know it. Most of the people on that show tend to have many common traits amongst them.
Here are five things I’ve about people on the show Doomsday Preppers:
5. They love guns
Almost everyone on that show seems to own several guns (and lots of ammo too), usually ranging from hand guns to semi-automatic assault rifles. Even the ones that don’t own any guns still tend own other types of weapons, and even make their own weapons as well.
4. They are very disaster specific
Almost every prepper on that show not only believes that some world altering disaster is going to happen, but they are also very certain what type of disaster will be, many of which (but not all) tend to be highly improbable. Because they are so disaster specific, whatever supplies they get tend to be what they believe will allow them to survive that disaster that they believe will happen, while ignoring the fact that if a different type of disaster were to occur, their prepping efforts might not save them.
3. They almost seem to want Doomsday to occur
Not only do these people believe that a disaster is going to occur, many of them act like they want it to occur! Some of them even even toast what they believe is the coming Apocalypse!
There are probably a couple reasons why they want the Apocalypse to occur: One, they don’t want everything they have been working for and what they have believed in for so long to have been a waste, and two, they want to rebuild the world.
- CDC: Doomsday Preppers and how to prepare for actual disasters much more likely to occur (yubanet.com)
- ‘Doomsday Preppers’: The Survivalists Next Door (mensjournal.com)
- Rise Of The Preppers: 50 Of The Best Prepper Websites And Blogs On The Internet (thedailysheeple.com)
- 50 Best Prepper Websites (theburningplatform.com)
- Stop Demonizing Preppers (reason.com)