Via The Soap Box
Ever have a boring Saturday where you can’t find anything worth watching on TV, and eventually come across a preacher (commonly known as a Televangelists) preaching what they claim is the word of God? Well, I have a many of times, and there are certain things that I have noticed about Televangelists and what they tend to do.
So here are five things I’ve noticed about Televangelists:
5. They’re very entertaining.
I openly admit, I think a lot of Televangelists are very entertaining to watch.
Their charismatic actions often times make them very humorous to watch. My personal favorite (in terms of entertainment value) is Benny Hinn with his “ability” to make people fall down on the floor when ever he touches someones.
Of course that entertainment value gets taken away when you realize the next four things:
4. They’re always asking for money.
Just about every single broadcast a Televangelist makes, they’re always asking for money.
Of course they don’t actually outright ask you to give them money. They call it something else, such as pledging, or a gift, or “sowing a seed”.
They also make it seem like they need that money right away, and they always do that while wearing suits worth $2,000 to $3,000, in studios worth $2,000,000 to $3,000,000.
3. They act like they have supernatural powers.
Televangelists often times act like their extra special with God, and that if you send them money, you will be in God’s favor (and usually the more money you send them the better favor). Sometimes they will even pray on camera for the people who sent them money, just for that extra “favor”.
Some of them also act like they can heal people from long distances away, or up close by touching you (and knocking you down in the process).
- Broke Benny asks for millions of dollars (ivarfjeld.com)
- Senate committee investigating six televangelists (virginiahinostroza4.wordpress.com)
- Televangelist under fire over comments (wcpo.com)
- Benny Hinn Asks Followers for $2.5 Million to Get Out of Debt (praiserichmond.com)
- Televangelist Juanita Bynum Arrested (thebuzzcincy.com)
- Pat Robertson, Who Prophesied ‘Romney Will Win,’ Urges Viewers to Beware False Prophets (alternet.org)
- Why Do So Many Televangelists Land Themselves in Jail?. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Pat Robertson Cheating Advice, ‘Well, He’s A Man’ (VIDEO) (hngn.com)
- Wait… What?!!? Televangelist Pat Robertson Claims All Men Cheat And It’s The Wife’s Fault When Her Husband Is Unfaithful (bossip.com)