UFO buffs beam up to well-paid ex-pols
Six former members of Congress, who were paid $20,000 each, heard testimony on the U.S. government trying to cover up contact made with extraterrestrial life.
WASHINGTON — E.T. phone D.C.!
Aliens may not exist, but millions of Americans think they do. And after more than 40 years, they’re finally getting a congressional hearing. Sort of.
On Monday, six former members of Congress, who were paid $20,000 each, plus expenses, heard testimony in a setting designed to resemble a Capitol Hill hearing room.
The goal: to prove that the U.S. government has covered up contact with extraterrestrial life.
For several hours, “UFOlogists” like Stanton Friedman, who calls himself the “original civilian investigator” of a supposed alien encounter in Roswell, N.M., in 1947, testified about extraterrestrial visits to Earth and an alleged conspiracy to suppress the truth about them.
“A flying saucer crashed and was retrieved by the government,” Friedman said of the Roswell episode.
“It’s clear that the materials were like nothing from this planet and it’s clear there was a coverup. . . Aliens are visiting, governments are lying.”
A UFO “truth” organization called the Paradigm Research Group is spending $600,000 — reportedly donated by a Canadian oil baron — to stage the week-long hearing and videotape the testimony for a documentary.
It’s the same group that filed a petition on the White House’s “We the People” website in 2011 urging President Obama to “formally acknowledge an extraterrestrial presence engaging the human race.”The petition received more than 50,000 signatures and an official White House response:
“The U.S. government has no evidence that any life exists outside our planet, or that an extraterrestrial presence has contacted or engaged any member of the human race. In addition, there is no credible information to suggest that any evidence is being hidden from the public’s eye.”
But Paradigm’s executive director, Stephen Bassett, isn’t buying it. He said he’s out to force leaders in the U.S. to “acknowledge the E.T. presence.”
- Citizen hearing on UFOs producing lots of Mulders, no Scullys so far (doubtfulnews.com)
- Tiny ‘Alien’ Skeleton: UFO Film May Provide Proof of Extraterrestrial Life (scienceworldreport.com)
- Are we alone in the universe? Former Members of Congress hold hearings on extraterrestrial life (redalertpolitics.com)
- Citizen Hearing On Disclosure Day 2: England Has Close Encounter, UFOs Tamper With Nuclear Sites (2012indyinfo.com)
- UFO Film May Provide Proof of Tiny Extraterrestrial Aliens: Six Inch Body Dissected (Video) (scienceworldreport.com)
- Former Congresswoman Lynn Woolsey taking testimony at UFO hearing (mercurynews.com)
- UFO believers invade Washington (metronews.ca)
- Ex-congresswoman to head panel pushing existence of space aliens (illuminutti.com)