via Doubtful News
First, a troubled Narconon facility is out of business:
Narconon Arrowhead’s medical detox facility in McAlester has lost its state certification, officials say.
“Their temporary permit has expired and Arrowhead Medical Detox is not certified for medical detox,” said Jeff Desmukes of the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health Substance Abuse Services.
The permit expired May 16 after Narconon Arrowhead failed to correct deficiencies found by the state during earlier inspections, according to Desmukes.
Narconon Arrowhead has two facilities; one is the medical-detox facility in McAlester and the other is a non-medical drug rehab in Canadian.
Four deaths occurred at this facility and several lawsuits were filed against them as well.
And, spunky actress Leah Remini gears up to take on the monster.
[…] [O]n Wednesday Remini filed a missing-person report for Scientology leader David Miscavige’s wife, Shelly Miscavige, who has not been seen in public in six years.
As we reported when we broke the news July 8 of Remini’s departure from Scientology, one of the main reasons she began to question her involvement in the church was discovering at the wedding of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes in November 2006 that Miscavige was there without his wife, who had disappeared without explanation. When she asked about it, then church spokesman Tommy Davis told her, “You don’t have the fucking rank to ask about Shelly.”
In other stories, we have explained that in late 2005 or early 2006, Shelly was transferred from Scientology’s International Base near Hemet, California to a secret compound near Lake Arrowhead in the mountains above Los Angeles. This compound, the headquarters of the Church of Spiritual Technology, is home to only a dozen or so Scientologists who are completely cut off from the outside world. We’ve been told that Shelly has been there for the past six years. But Miscavige and his attorneys have so far refused to publicly confirm her location there, and they have not produced her to confirm that she is in good health.
Now, Remini has put enormous pressure on the church to do just that by involving the LAPD.
What happens next? Should be interesting. How long can Scientology insiders hold this rotten mass of secrets together?
[END] via Doubtful News
- Looks like another VERY bad week for Scientology (doubtfulnews.com)
- Leah Remini Files Missing Persons Report For Shelly Miscavige, Scientology Leader’s Wife (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Leah Remini Reported Scientology Leader David Miscavige’s Wife Missing To LAPD (laist.com)
- Scientology Revolt: Ex-Church Star Leah Remini Files Missing Person’s Report With LAPD Over Long-Unseen Wife Of Leader David Miscavige (radaronline.com)
- Leah Remini Files Missing Person’s Report For Scientology Leader’s Wife (businessinsider.com)
- Leah Remini Files Missing Person Report for David Miscavige’s Wife (people.com)
- Leah Remini report that Scientology boss’ wife is missing unfounded (nydailynews.com)