This belief exists despite the fact that there is plenty of third party evidence that claims that we did indeed land on the Moon, and that none of the 400,000 people who worked on the Apollo project, including the 12 men that actually walked on the Moon it self, have ever said that the Moon landings were faked. This includes Edgar Mitchell, the sixth person to walk on the Moon, who believes the the US government is covering up the existence of aliens. If anybody in the whole group would have admitted that the Moon landings were faked, it would be him.
Oh and lets not forget the over 900 pounds of rocks, dirt, and dust, collected from the Moon, and the huge amount of money we spent getting there. Also, if you have a powerful enough telescope, you can actually see the landing sites.
So why do people still believe we didn’t land on the Moon?
- Embarrassing Conspiracy Theories: 9/11 Controlled Demolition (illuminutti.com)
- Why People Believe Conspiracy Theories (scientificamerican.com)
- 15. 8 Moon-Landing Hoax Myths – Busted (12160.info)
- XKCD debunks claims of the Moon landing hoax (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- Embarrassing Conspiracy Theories: The Government Kills Conspiracy Theorists (illuminutti.com)