Another terrible situation unfolded in Southern California this week and self-described “intuitive” Pam Ragland is already positioning herself and her daughter for more media attention. Ragland’s visions and claims have unsurprisingly turned out to be flat out wrong.
Amber Alerts were sent throughout California Sunday evening for James Lee DiMaggio, suspected of abducting a 16-year-old Hannah Anderson and wanted in the death of the girl’s mother and younger brother. The alerts were quickly expanded to Oregon and Washington. [full story] [wiki]
Steven Gregory at KFI AM640 radio called Ragland to talk about the case and was aired on Bill Handel’s morning program on Thursday, August 8th. The segment begins with a background on the Amber Alert search and the portion involving Pam Ragland begins at about 4:30. Listen to the trimmed segment below:
Unfortunately for the Pam Ragland media jamboree, a little over twenty four hours after Ragland’s interview aired on KFI, the authorities found James DiMaggio’s vehicle after a man riding horseback spotted hikers he believed to be the missing pair.
Over 830 miles away from San Diego, California.
The rescue of Hannah Anderson is such a positive outcome to such a tragic situation after the deaths of Hannah’s mother and younger brother.
This does not let Ragland and her discredited claims free from continued skepticism. Here are a few observations and thoughts on the radio interview points that were discussed:
- Amber alert teen says captor shot dead ‘deserved what he got’ (kgw.com)
- Amber alert teen says captor ‘deserved what he got’ (king5.com)
- Amber Alert successes: More than 650 kids rescued (cnn.com)
- Local pilots found Amber Alert suspect’s campsite (krem.com)
- AMBER ALERT OVER!! Suspect James Lee DiMaggio “shot & killed.” Victim: Hannah Anderson Safe (theobamacrat.com)