Over the weekend, members of the al-Qaeda terrorist cell known as Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen stormed into the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi, Kenya and murdered at least 68 men, women and children in cold blood. The cell, more commonly known as al-Shabaab or the “Youth,” claim to have conducted the attack in retaliation against Kenya for its military presence in neighboring Somalia, while also attempting to provoke a violent response from Kenya against ethnic Somalis.
It’s just the kind of horrifyingly tragic event that’s totally ripe to be trivialized by another Alex Jones “false flag” conspiracy theory. But this time, instead of just off-handedly labeling it a false flag to distract from another previous false flag, Jones, on his Monday broadcast, went into breathless detail about how it all went down with President Obama pulling the strings.
Because Obama is Kenyan.
Leading up to the discussion about the Westgate terrorist attack, Jones ranted, seemingly at random and incongruously linking each topic sentence-to-sentence, about the following: torture; NSA and CIA spying on him personally; Prince Bandar gave chemical weapons to al-Qaeda rebels in Syria; Dan Bidondi uncovered a massive conspiracy while attending three Navy Yard press conferences; terrorists might try to kill Jones; we need to pray for InfoWars because it’s “dead center in the middle of world events”; Saudis stealing your cameras; the government wants to take our guns; the “out of control” security services in America are “threatening members of the press”; and Ron Paul referring to the Syrian chemical weapons attack as a false flag (he really did). All of this within the span of about 24 minutes. In the midst of this syllabus of madness, Jones said, “We get what’s going on.” The psychosis of the conspiracy theorist: only they know the truth about how the world works.
So it goes with the attack in Nairobi.
The centerpiece of his freshly minted al-Shabaab conspiracy theory? The U.S. government runs al-Qaeda. Not maybe. It absolutely does run al-Qaeda. He knows this because it was printed using actual English words on pieces of paper scattered on his radio console. The very fact that his conspiracy theories are printed on paper makes them real, you see, real enough for him to wave them around on his show while rattling off various Texas-twanged, strep-throated word salads featuring every imaginable paranoiac shibboleth.
- Bob Cesca: Alex Jones Insists the Kenyan Terrorist Attack Was Orchestrated by President Obama (huffingtonpost.com)
- Alex Jones Insists the Kenyan Terrorist Attack Was Orchestrated by President Obama (freshwaddabrooks.com)
- Alex Jones Insists the Kenyan Terrorist Attack Was Orchestrated by President Obama (thedailybanter.com)
- Alex Jones Insists the Kenyan Terrorist Attack Was Orchestrated by President Obama (huffingtonpost.com)
- Alex Jones: Globalist conspiracy created Navy Yard ‘patsy’ shooter to ‘discredit’ me (rawstory.com)
- Kenyan authorities had been warned about threat to buildings ‘day before attacks’ (theguardian.com)
- Aftermath of terror: New images of Kenyan mall (worldnews.nbcnews.com)