While cryptography has progressed by leaps and bounds, some codes still haven’t been broken. Tune in to learn more about some of history’s strangest unbroken codes, from the Voynich manuscript to the Tama Shud case and more.
- Voynich Manuscript (elizabethswriting.wordpress.com)
- The Book No One Can Read (buzzfeed.com)
- The Voynich Manuscript – ‘the world’s most mysterious book’ (bloggeteers.wordpress.com)
Creatures that are often times so elusive that there is no physical proof of their existence, and has lead most people to believe that they don’t exist at all.
Now despite the fact that there is actually no proof that any cryptids exist, there are certain things that I have noticed about them, and have narrowed down to five things.
So here are five things I’ve noticed about cryptids:
5. They are masters at Hide & Go Seek.
If a cryptid was to ever enter a hide & go seek contest, they would probably win it, because they are masters at hiding.
Despite the fact that many of the areas of the world where various cryptids are known to live are actually very well explored, no one can actually seem to capture a living or dead cryptid.
Despite the fact that there have been multiple explorations of where Bigfoot is suppose to live (which is apparently everywhere now) or the use of motion sensor triggered trail cameras where they are suppose to roam, no one has ever been able to produce any solid proof that Bigfoot exists, other then a few grainy photos taken by people whom weren’t even looking for the creature and could easily be something else entirely, and some photos and videos and footprints that are clear, but have either been found out to be hoaxes, or are strongly suspected of being hoaxes.
As for the Loch Ness Monster, that creature is so good at hiding scientists couldn’t even find it after all of Loch Ness was scanned with sonar devices.
4. They’re big business
Cryptids have made people a lot of money.
There have been many popular TV shows dedicated to finding cryptids, or has a cryptid as one of the characters. There have also been multiple products that feature cryptids as well (including shirts and toys). You can even pay people to take you on expeditions into these places where these cryptids are suppose to inhabit, and the sites where some of these creatures are suppose to live (such as Loch Ness) have become huge tourist attractions, attracting thousands of wannabe monster hunters every year hoping to catch a glimpse of one of these elusive creatures.
Of course lets not forget the millions of dollars spent on high tech equipment to try to find these alleged creatures.
Plus, who here can honestly say that the creation of the Star Wars character Chewbacca wasn’t in some ways inspired by the descriptions of Bigfoot.
- Do new pictures from amateur photographer prove Loch Ness Monster exists? (metro.co.uk)
- Loch Ness Monster sighting: Was this freakish wave caused by mystery underwater creature? (mirror.co.uk)
- Report: Charlie Sheen Joined by Former MLB Player Todd Zeile in Scotland on Search for Loch Ness Monster (nesn.com)
- Abominable Science! (randi.org)
- Photos of the Loch Ness Monster, revisited (blogs.scientificamerican.com)
- Could this finally be proof that Nessie exists? Amateur photographer snaps ‘large black object’ moving beneath the waters of Loch Ness (thisismoney.co.uk)
Did the US Navy make an entire ship disappear in a 1943 experiment that went awry?
- Time Travel and the Mystery of the Philadelphia Experiment (starshake.wordpress.com)
- Mysteries: Top 5 Wildest Conspiracy Theories (theepochtimes.com)
New videos every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Please subscribe to Stuff They Don’t Want You To Know:
Watch more episodes here:
- The Philadelphia Experiment Almost 70 Years Later (michaelhallman12.wordpress.com)
- HOAX: The Philadelphia Experiment Unraveled (pjdowers.wordpress.com)
- Evidence That Time Travel is Real and has Been Hidden from US (2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com)