While cryptography has progressed by leaps and bounds, some codes still haven’t been broken. Tune in to learn more about some of history’s strangest unbroken codes, from the Voynich manuscript to the Tama Shud case and more.
- Voynich Manuscript (elizabethswriting.wordpress.com)
- The Book No One Can Read (buzzfeed.com)
- The Voynich Manuscript – ‘the world’s most mysterious book’ (bloggeteers.wordpress.com)
Creatures that are often times so elusive that there is no physical proof of their existence, and has lead most people to believe that they don’t exist at all.
Now despite the fact that there is actually no proof that any cryptids exist, there are certain things that I have noticed about them, and have narrowed down to five things.
So here are five things I’ve noticed about cryptids:
5. They are masters at Hide & Go Seek.
If a cryptid was to ever enter a hide & go seek contest, they would probably win it, because they are masters at hiding.
Despite the fact that many of the areas of the world where various cryptids are known to live are actually very well explored, no one can actually seem to capture a living or dead cryptid.
Despite the fact that there have been multiple explorations of where Bigfoot is suppose to live (which is apparently everywhere now) or the use of motion sensor triggered trail cameras where they are suppose to roam, no one has ever been able to produce any solid proof that Bigfoot exists, other then a few grainy photos taken by people whom weren’t even looking for the creature and could easily be something else entirely, and some photos and videos and footprints that are clear, but have either been found out to be hoaxes, or are strongly suspected of being hoaxes.
As for the Loch Ness Monster, that creature is so good at hiding scientists couldn’t even find it after all of Loch Ness was scanned with sonar devices.
4. They’re big business
Cryptids have made people a lot of money.
There have been many popular TV shows dedicated to finding cryptids, or has a cryptid as one of the characters. There have also been multiple products that feature cryptids as well (including shirts and toys). You can even pay people to take you on expeditions into these places where these cryptids are suppose to inhabit, and the sites where some of these creatures are suppose to live (such as Loch Ness) have become huge tourist attractions, attracting thousands of wannabe monster hunters every year hoping to catch a glimpse of one of these elusive creatures.
Of course lets not forget the millions of dollars spent on high tech equipment to try to find these alleged creatures.
Plus, who here can honestly say that the creation of the Star Wars character Chewbacca wasn’t in some ways inspired by the descriptions of Bigfoot.
- Do new pictures from amateur photographer prove Loch Ness Monster exists? (metro.co.uk)
- Loch Ness Monster sighting: Was this freakish wave caused by mystery underwater creature? (mirror.co.uk)
- Report: Charlie Sheen Joined by Former MLB Player Todd Zeile in Scotland on Search for Loch Ness Monster (nesn.com)
- Abominable Science! (randi.org)
- Photos of the Loch Ness Monster, revisited (blogs.scientificamerican.com)
- Could this finally be proof that Nessie exists? Amateur photographer snaps ‘large black object’ moving beneath the waters of Loch Ness (thisismoney.co.uk)
Did the US Navy make an entire ship disappear in a 1943 experiment that went awry?
- Time Travel and the Mystery of the Philadelphia Experiment (starshake.wordpress.com)
- Mysteries: Top 5 Wildest Conspiracy Theories (theepochtimes.com)
New videos every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Please subscribe to Stuff They Don’t Want You To Know:
Watch more episodes here:
- The Philadelphia Experiment Almost 70 Years Later (michaelhallman12.wordpress.com)
- HOAX: The Philadelphia Experiment Unraveled (pjdowers.wordpress.com)
- Evidence That Time Travel is Real and has Been Hidden from US (2012thebigpicture.wordpress.com)
via Fox News
Sasquatch has been on the lam for far too long and brewer Olympia Beer is out to catch the elusive beast.Evan and Daren Metropoulos, owners of Pabst Brewing Company and Olympia Beer, are offering a $1 million reward for “the safe return of Bigfoot.”
“We have been sharing the same backyard for over a century and we believe it’s time to do what has never been done,” the company announced on its website. “That is to offer a one million dollar reward to anyone who can ensure the safe capture of Bigfoot.”
According to the official rules of the contest, the winner must prove “the irrefutable existence of Bigfoot at some time during the period beginning January 1, 1989 through March 31, 2014.”
And they are serious about “irrefutable” evidence.
The rules state that acceptable proof must be in the form of DNA evidence (hair, blood, tissue or saliva) that does not have the same genetic markers and DNA sequence as any known species ever discovered. The evidence may also include ‘Visual Proof’ of a live physical body.
“We have been operating in the Northwest since 1896, so we know firsthand how important Bigfoot is to the people here,” the owners told TheDrinksBusiness.com.
The contest will run for one year, finishing at the end of March 2014. The website states the $1M reward will be payable at $25,000 per year for 40 years. Happy Hunting, folks.
- I Doubt It and Maybe You Should, Too (illuminutti.com)
- Find Bigfoot, win $1 million (seattlepi.com)
- Is this a joke? Animal Legal Defense Sues to protect Bigfoot (doubtfulnews.com)
- Bigfoot DNA Tests Call Science Journal’s Credibility Into Question (huffingtonpost.com)
- Irony alert: Book about Finding Bigfoot from people who have never found Bigfoot (doubtfulnews.com)
Today we’re going to point the skeptical eye at yet another alternative science that has managed to hang around for centuries despite being obviously wrong, the hollow Earth. There are many different models of hollow Earth theory, and support from equally diverse communities. It is a mind-bending example of how people can mold their world views to fit their beliefs, and then mold science itself to fit the world view.
Today, the prevailing hollow Earth theory states that the Earth is a hollow shell, with its inner surface being much like the outer surface where we live. It has oceans, mountain ranges, and clouds; and hovering at the very center of this hollow ball is a miniature sun that warms the inner-surface residents. Slightly offset from the North Pole and the South Pole are holes that allow travel between the outer and inner worlds. The civilization that lives on the inner surface is more advanced than ours, and they fly in and out through the polar openings in flying saucers, which explains UFO sightings by the outer surface civilization. Only the government knows about the polar openings and the inner civilization, and they suppress this information; ostensibly to prevent other governments from finding out about it and claiming the territory.
To most of us, this sounds like a pretty far-out concept; so many applications of various sciences prove it wrong. Nevertheless, even today, it has its supporters. Many books are available earnestly promoting the theory. Websites such as OurHollowEarth.com, HollowEarthNetwork.com, and HollowEarthTheory.com provide only a starting point for active communities who firmly believe this.
Conspiracy mongering is a big part of most of today’s hollow Earth writings: familiar assertions that the government is covering it up, the proverbial “they” don’t want you to know about it, and that we should all “wake up” and see the truth. But this is the least interesting part of hollow Earth theory, and only its most recently introduced aspect. There is a rich and surprising history behind how this all came to be
MORE . . .
- Hollow Earth Leaked Video mach the findings in the ISRAELI 50 Banknote ! (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Hollow Earth, Atlantis and Origin of Humans (beleznica.wordpress.com)
- This hollow earth: the under-people (mikemonaco.wordpress.com)