I am a HUGE fan of magic, especially slight of hand. This is one of the best card tricks i’ve seen in a long while. 🙂
Mason I. Bilderberg (MIB)
Bill Malone’s signature trick. One of the most entertaining card tricks of all time!
- Sam the bell hop (oyiabrown.com)
- David Blaine Destroyed the Minds of Your Favorite Famous People on Real or Magic (grantland.com)
- David Blaine’s Card Trick Thoroughly Freaks Out Harrison Ford (businessinsider.com)
- Breaking Bad-gic: David Blaine pulls a card trick on Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul – VIDEO (popwatch.ew.com)
- VIDEO: Harrison Ford’s reaction to this insane card trick by David Blaine is absolutely priceless (deadstate.org)
The other day I came across this very strange “news” story on an blog that’s been going around the internet about a Danish anthropologist by the name of Kalena Søndergaard, whom had apparently been abducted and held for seven years in Iceland.
That’s right, I said elves.
Obviously I’m skeptical of the story, and for good reason (mostly being that it is ridiculous as hell, and that the story itself written by a horror fiction writer).
Besides the obvious fact that the story was written by a horror fiction writer, and that it just sounds fake, the story itself has no links or references what so ever to show to show that this woman had ever been listed as missing, a major red flag telling that it was fake.
Infact when I did a Google search on her the only thing I could find out about Kalena were just copied and pasted portions of the story (or the whole story in itself) written by C. Michael Forsyth.
The second red flag that shot up for me was the fact that in the story there was information in there about the Homo floresiensis, a diminutive hominid that was very closely related to modern humans, and according to the story was a major part of the woman’s doctoral thesis… about elves and how they might exist.
While I found the information to be interesting, the fact is that it had nothing to do with the story, and seemed to have been added in to attempt to prove that elves exist, or atleast give the possibility that elves exist more credibility.
The third red flag that shot up for me was the photos.
- If “Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves” sounds ridiculous, that’s because it is (doubtfulnews.com)
- Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves For 7 Years (gnostalgia.wordpress.com)
- Elf kidnapping (skeptophilia.blogspot.com)
- The Elves, Twitter and the Anthropologist. (huntersoddworld.wordpress.com)
- Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves For 7 Years (youviewed.com)
- Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves For 7 Years (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Hoaxes & Disinfo – Re: Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves For 7 Years (disclose.tv)
- Elves in Iceland?…Fairies and hidden people? Elf school? (thecosmicpilgrim.wordpress.com)
- Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves For 7 Years (awombatsweb.wordpress.com)
- Anthropologist Held Hostage By Elves For 7 Years (dpatlarge.wordpress.com)
Could the world’s militaries really build lethal sonic weapons? Could infrasound really destroy a human being? How far away are we from the space-age sonic weapons of science fiction? Join Ben and Matt as they explore the rumors, fact and fiction surrounding the strange world of weaponized sound.
In the modern age, tales of mermaids fall under the same category as stories of minotaurs or dragons. Sure, they seem like neat ideas, but no one actually believes such creatures could exist. If that’s the case, then why have sailors across centuries reported seeing humanoid, aquatic creatures on the waves? Is there any grain of truth within the claims? Tune in to learn more about alleged mermaid sightings, the problem of evidence (or lack thereof) and more.
- Mermaid Sighting in Kiryat Yam: Real or Hoax? (wafflesatnoon.com)
- Discovery Documentary “Mermaids: The New Evidence” Proves Mermaids Are Real – Video (news.softpedia.com)
- Mermaids: The Body Found Documentary Still Fascinates (webpronews.com)
- Mermaids do Exist (oceanamermaid.wordpress.com)
- Real Mermaid Caught on Camera (Seen on Animal Planet) (disclose.tv)
- Where do mermaids come from? (georgiabluebooks.wordpress.com)
Just a quick note.
I told him the movie is fiction, filled with either unproven assertions or simple, flat-out factual errors. He was stuck neck-deep in the rabbit hole and refused to even discuss the issue. Typical conspiracist. Ask them to to provide evidence supporting their alternate reality and they scamper away screaming “Troll! Trollllll!”
Mission accomplished. Anyway . . .
So i thought to myself, there may be other skeptics out there in need of a great source of information to discuss the bullcrap in “Why In The World Are They Spraying.” Here is a great discussion forum with all the information you’ll need.
You needn’t join or participate. Just reading the discussion is a great education. Unlike conspiracists, the good people at MetaBunk go to great lengths to justify their assertions.
Here is the link: Factual Errors in “Why In The World Are They Spraying”.
Mason I. Bilderberg (MIB)
- John Titor, Time Traveler (illuminutti.com)
- Time Traveler John Titor: Time Traveler or Internet Troll? (freakoutnation.com)
- Skeptoid #355: John Titor, Time Traveler (skeptoid.com)
- The Man Who Told the Internet He’d Come from the Future (izabael.com)
- Titor prophecy is unfolding as we speak!! China is invading Korea! (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Time Travel: Is It Possible, Is It of Any Value, and Is It Desirable? (expertscolumn.com)
As an experienced user of Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and video special effects software, i am well aware of how images and videos can be manipulated with just a few clicks of the computer keyboard.
With such software and computing power in the hands of an ever increasing number of people, it’s becoming increasingly more difficult for skeptics like myself to know with certainty if an image or a video is real or fake.
Fortunately for us skeptics there are companies like Fourandsix Technologies who specialize in image authenitcation and forensics. Even more fortunate for us skeptics is the willingness of Fourandsix Technologies to share some of their forensic secrets*.
For example, how can you use shadows or reflections to check the validity of an image? Keep reading and check it out. I think you’ll enjoy this.
Mason I. Bilderberg (MIB)
Photo forensics from shadows
Shown below are two images in which the bottle and its cast shadow are slightly different (the rest of the scene is identical). Can you tell which shadow is consistent with the lighting in the rest of the scene?
Think you know the answer? Click here to find out how to analyze these shadows.
Photo forensics from reflections
Shown below … are two images of the same basic scene. The reflection of the table and garbage can are slightly different (everything else is the same) Can you tell which is correct?
Click here to find out how to analyze these reflections.
*If you enjoyed these two examples i encourage you to visit the mother load of image forensics techniques used by Fourandsix Technologies. Fascinating stuff.
via The Soap Box
One of the big conspiracy theories going around the internet (especially Youtube) is that the music industry is controlled by the Illuminati (mind you of course there is no proof that the Illuminati even exists in the first place).
One of the key pieces of “evidence” that many conspiracy theorists claims is “proof” that the Illuminati is in control of the music industry is that many musical artists tend to use hand gestures and symbols (along also with certain lyrics) that many conspiracy theorists believe contain pro-Illuminati messages, or is being used as some type of brain washing techniques.
Now besides the fact that a very secretive group (such as the allegedly existing Illuminati) probably wouldn’t be so bluntly giving away their existence by having a bunch of musical artists basically giving their audience a bunch of little subtle hints of that group’s existence, it would kind of defeats the purpose of a secretive group being a secret to the public at large if they gave away their existence so openly.
Musical artists can be a weird kind of bunch. They constantly “reinvent” themselves or evolve in there tastes for two main purpose: To express themselves artistically, and to stay relevant so they can make money from teenagers and young adults, because that is where a large part of where music sales come from. There is even speculation that some musical artist that are accused of working for the Illuminati are actually intentionally using what is considered Illuminati symbols in their acts and lyrics in their music in order to generate controversy, and thus publicity.
There are also other claims by people who claim to have worked in (or currently are working in) the music industry, and that they have actually “witnessed” either what they consider to be Illuminati or other occult type ceremonies occur in private with some of these musical artists. These claims tend to be few and far between, and could be simply the result of . . .
MORE . . .
- Illuminati Symbolism in Music and Sport’s (illuminutti.com)
- The Illuminati and Why It Spoke to Me (dogmaandgeopolitics.wordpress.com)
- Ozarks Illuminati Hideout – Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura (ufo-blogger.com)
- David Icke: Conspiracy of the Lizard Illuminati | Watch Documentary Online Free – Documentary Heaven (feralfrenzy.wordpress.com)
- Conspiracy theory!!!!! (ludumdare.com)
- The 13 Bloodlines Illuminati (mysteryworlds.wordpress.com)