If you know me, you know i love optical illusions. Try to find the “invisible artist” – Liu Bolin – in his photos. Enjoy🙂
via The Huffington Post.
Liu Bolin is the “Where’s Waldo” of the art world. But instead of a red skull cap and sweater, the Chinese artist dons his own painted artworks — ready-made disguises that allow the sly chameleon to hide in plain site.
Bolin has been blending into his surroundings for some time now, disappearing amidst chaotic toy store shelves, grocery produce sections and graffiti walls around the world. This year, the internationally regarded “invisible man” is bringing his photographic illusions to New York City in a solo exhibition at the Eli Klein Fine Art Gallery.
Titled “Lost in Art,” the show will highlight Bolin’s newest photographs, capturing the artist and other cooperative assistants hidden in labyrinths of canned goods and barren rural landscapes. To create the images, the artist spends up to 10 hours on each of his detailed body paintings, obsessing over every crack and crevice of the scenes before snapping a photograph.
What’s the allure of being an invisible man, you ask? “Each one chooses his or her path to come in contact with the external world,” Bolin stated to The Daily Mail. “I chose to merge with the environment.”
Click on any image below to begin viewing the slideshow.
- Car shoot with Jeff Ludes and Liu Bolin (oxfordschoolofphotography.wordpress.com)
- 5 More Amazing Images of Liu Bolin, the Invisible Man (techeblog.com)
- Liu Bolin’s latest artwork: The Invisible Man (catinwater.com)
- Liu Bolin: The Invisible Man (urbantimes.co)
- Invisible Man Liu Bolin’s “Hiding in the City” Project Continues at Galerie Paris-Beijing (complex.com)
- Return of the Invisible Man – New Stunning Camouflage Works by Liu Bolin (odditycentral.com)
- Liu Bolin: ‘Invisible man’ artist creates more images of himself camouflaged with his background (thisismoney.co.uk)
- Liu Bolin: ‘Invisible man’ artist creates more images of himself camouflaged with his background (dailymail.co.uk)
- Invisible man Liu Bolin at galerie Paris-Beijing (dailypictur.es)
- The Invisible Man is back, but where? (news.com.au)