Right now a film is being cut for YouTube. Within the edit, clips from various media broadcasts of Monday’s navy yard shooting in Washington DC are being selectively stitched together. The film will start by suggesting a deception has occurred, one wrought on the American people by shadowy, unseen forces. It will distance itself from other conspiracy theory videos, purporting to show “just the facts” about the events at the naval dockyard.
The film will highlight the complicity of the media that reported on the shooting, as well as the law enforcement agencies that responded to emergency calls. “Why would they lie?” the film will ask, followed by “who would have something to gain?” The film’s creator will then place himself (or herself) at the heart of events; having personally investigated the shooting (by going through the wealth of online material available) they have uncovered “the truth” about what really happened in DC that day.
After highlighting several inconsistent facts disseminated by the news media in the hours directly after the story broke, the “official motive” of the shooter will be questioned. The film will highlight reports of three gunmen rather than one and question which firearms were used and by whom. Having exposed the “cover-up”, the naval dockyard killings will be given a grander context, linked with the 2012 shootings in Newtown and Aurora.
As the conspiracy grows, events in DC may even be given an international flavour, tied with the killings in London on 7/7 or New York on 9/11 – the film unmasking a vast conspiracy which has provided the motive force for several recent historical events. The film will conclude by pointing to the national government as the primary source of deception, followed by a clear reason as to why – gun control. The film will ask: “Isn’t the naval dockyard shooting just what the government needs to reignite the gun control debate?”
Finally, the film will call for political activism. “Share this information,” it will say, “this affects you”. The threat is tyranny – a dictatorship the government desires but requires an unarmed populace to install. This form of activism, in which conspiracy theory is used as a conduit through which to channel a targeted political message, requires that anyone who supports the “official version” of events are discredited by any means possible.
Also See: Navy yard shooting as false flag? Alex Jones is on it (salon.com)
- The Anatomy of a Conspiracy Theorist (illuminutti.com)
- Conspiracy Theorists Are Already Calling the Navy Yard Shooting a ‘False Flag’ (theatlanticwire.com)
- Conspiracy Theorists Already Suspect Navy Yard Shooting Is a ‘False Flag’ (defenseone.com)
- Gun control laws less responsible for mass shootings than mental health care failure: poll (washingtontimes.com)
- How a technical glitch accidentally started the Navy Yard ‘truther’ movement (washingtonpost.com)
- Stupid Conspiracy Theorists (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- Professor Claims Navy Yard Shooting Was Staged (thecollegefix.com)
- Ten People Shot at Washington Navy Yard, Gunman Remains at Large (Updates) (washingtonian.com)