Do numbers have some sort of intangible, mystical properties? What exactly is numerology, and why do people put so much stock in it, even today? Listen in to learn more about superstition and the origins of numerology.
More psychic failures …
- 2012 Failed and Forgotten Psychic Predictions (illuminutti.com)
- I am Psychic! (thegreatantagonizer.wordpress.com)
- 2013 a year to fear, psychics predict | Toronto & GTA | News | Toronto Sun (infinitynow.wordpress.com)
- Hindsight Bias (illuminutti.com)
- 2013 Predictions: Best of YouTube (news.softpedia.com)
Continuing a tradition that I started in 2010 and continued in 2011, I am posting a “psychic roundup” to celebrate the end of one Julian calendar year and bring in the next. In previous years, I have focused on Coast to Coast AM audience and professional predictions, and my conclusion has been, in one word: Bad. Average around 6% correct.
This year, I have branched out to other sources for three primary reasons. First, Coast has changed their format such that the audience predictions are more annoying and outlandish and it’s no longer one per person. Second, Coast is no longer doing a night or two of professional predictions where they bring in several guests per night to discuss the year ahead. It’s just a few people scattered over January. Third, last year, I was criticized for relying on Coast with people…
View original post 1,362 more words
The number 13 is synonymous with bad luck. It’s considered unlucky to have 13 guests at a dinner party, many buildings don’t have a 13th floor and most people avoid getting married or buying a house on a day marked by this dreaded number. Particularly superstitious folks even avoid driving on Friday the 13th.
But is there any statistical proof to support the notion that Friday the 13th — or even just the number 13 itself — is unlucky?
“No data exists, and will never exist, to confirm that the number 13 is an unlucky number,” said Igor Radun of the Human Factors and Safety Behavior Group at the University of Helsinki’s Institute of Behavioural Sciences in Finland. “There is no reason to believe that any number would be lucky or unlucky.”
- Good luck – it’s Friday the 13th again (theage.com.au)
- Twitter Trending Topic: Funny Friday the 13th Tweets (ibtimes.com)
- Fear factor: It’s Friday the 13th again (content.usatoday.com)
- 13 Freaky Facts About Friday the 13th (sott.net)
- Responding to lucky and unlucky numbers (bbc.co.uk)
- Friday, The 13th ! (shreyathinks.wordpress.com)
- Adopt a Black Cat for $13 This Friday the 13th (laist.com)