As is the norm following the passing of any major celebrity nowadays, the Internet is rampant with conspiracy theories surrounding the death of movie star Paul Walker of “Fast and Furious” fame.
Walker was killed with friend Roger Rodas on Nov. 30 when the car they were driving burst into flames. Investigators believe the car was speeding at least 90 mph in a 45 mph zone when it reportedly hit a light pole and tree.
Prominent among the imaginative schemes is that Walker was killed as a blood sacrifice by the so-called Illuminati, an alleged shadowy group described as an elitist cabal that yields enormous global influence.
Another claim, based on a difficult-to-see video showing the moment of crash impact, is that Walker was killed by a drone strike. That unsupported theory is contested by a second video.
Another wild conspiracy circulating on forums is that Walker’s death was “predicted” by the “Family Guy” television show.
Some theorists home in on aspects of Walker’s death that, they claim, have occult, ritualistic or symbolic significance.
One popular claim is the drone strike rumor. The allegation is based on a video released by TMZ.com showing the final moment of the crash.
The video seems to show some sort of reflection just before Walker’s car exploded into flames, prompting cyber claims that an object such as a missile struck the car.
Others have pointed to the lack of tire marks in photos of the crash site as evidence of a supposed missile strike.
Paul Joseph Watson at InfoWars.com, a site known for jumping on other assassination conspiracy theories, called the Walker drone theory a “baseless conspiracy” that “discredits real evidence of political assassinations.”
The site reports the object in the video is “almost certainly” the light pole Walker’s car struck just before the explosion.
Daniel Worku of the Las Vegas Guardian Express, meanwhile, focuses on the condition of a tree next to where Walker’s car finally stopped before exploding.
However, CNN last week broadcast security footage it obtained appearing to show Walker’s vehicle knocking down a tree and pole before coming to its final rest at a second tree, perhaps indicating the car was slowed down before its final stop.
No mystery object can be seen in the CNN footage prior to the final impact.
CNN reports its footage shows the car emitted smoke for about 60 seconds before the final big explosion, apparently debunking the claims of an instant strike by a drone.
Another debunked Internet claim is that Walker’s death was first reported by TMZ.com two days prior to the actual car crash. That claim was based on fabricated reports edited on Internet forums.
One far-fetched YouTube assertion suggests “Family Guy” actually foretold Walker’s death by car crash.
The claim stems from a death in an episode aired two weeks ago in which the dog character Brian was run over by a car.
YouTube user Paul Gardiner makes the correlation to Walker because, he asserts, “Brian was Paul Walker’s actor’s name in ‘The Fast & The Furious,’ and it was, I believe, like about a week and a half ago, right?”
Gardiner claims “these types of things always tend to be predicted by the media and the industry.”
One central factor glaringly missing from many of the conspiracies is an actual motive to murder Walker.
- “Fast and Furious” Star Paul Walker Was Assassinated by an Obama Drone Strike? (illuminutti.com)
- Paul Walker Conspiracy: Illuminati or Drug Cartel Responsible? (rinf.com)
- ‘Fast and Furious’ star ‘killed by secret society’ (wnd.com)
- Illuminati Death ‘coincidences’ now surrounding the death of Paul Walker are aligning (conservativeread.com)
- 10 Reasons Why “Fast and Furious” Star Paul Walker Was Assassinated (pakalertpress.com)
By Mason I. Bilderberg (MIB)
As most of you probably already know, Paul Walker of “‘The Fast and the Furious‘ movie franchise and a friend identified as Roger Rodas died in Southern California after the Porsche they were in crashed violently into a tree, his rep confirmed to the Daily News. Police said speed was a factor.” (nydailynews.com)
From the Paul Walker Facebook page:
May the man Rest In Peace.
But less than 24 hours later the conspiracists are off and running around Wonderland. To wit, this gem from David Chase Taylor at Truther.org:
- A few inches of wood (a tree) “are obviously no match for thousands of pounds of forged steel allegedly traveling at an extremely high-rate of speed.”
- Paul Walker’s car wreckage looked similar to two other wrecked vehicles: a burning car in Gaza City and the wreckage that killed Michael Hastings.
That’s it. This wreckage looked like another wreckage and, in his scientific opinion, a tree couldn’t have damaged the car. Therefore, the only logical conclusion MUST BE: An Obama Drone Assassination!
But wait, using conspiratorial logic, could Paul Walker’s car have been blown up by a cylinder tank explosion? Hit by a tornado? Involved in a bus accident? Or a victim of overenthusiastic Russian football fans?
Compare for yourself:
I’m going with the tornado theory. Paul Walker’s car was struck by a very focused tornado funnel. That’s my final answer. And all the conspiracists can’t argue with me because i’m using their own method of deductive insanity.
Besides, my theory can include HAARP!! DOUBLE BONUS POINTS!!!
- SHOCK CLAIM: Paul Walker Killed By DRONE STRIKE? (thecount.com)
- Paul Walker dead: Police officers’ faces “just went pale” when they heard movie star was in fireball wreck (mirror.co.uk)
- Tyrese Gibson Broke into Tears At Paul Walker’s Death (hollywoodcelebrityfashion.wordpress.com)
- Heartbreaking pics: Tyrese cries at scene of Paul Walker’s death (familiar112.wordpress.com)
- Paul Walker fatal crash described by witnesses (pottsmerc.com)