Michael Hastings was a hard-hitting journalist at the dawn of what promised to be an amazing career when he died in a car accident. After his death, some of his supporters claim that his tragic end was no accident at all – instead, they argue, he was murdered. Tune in to learn more.
- BEST OF THE WEB: Crashes of Convenience: Michael Hastings (sott.net)
- The Michael Hastings Car Crash Video of the Day (drunkenstepfather.com)
- Michael Hastings’ Wife Vows to “Take Down Whoever Did This” (conservativeread.com)
- Witness: Michael Hastings Was Unburned From the Chest Down (lewrockwell.com)
- CUE SINISTER MUSIC: Michael Hastings Body Cremated Against Family’s Wishes (patdollard.com)
via New Scientist
A woman born missing a finger and a thumb has grown them back – albeit as part of a phantom limb. This extraordinary occurrence shows that our brain contains a fully functional map of our body image, regardless of what our limbs actually look like.
The woman, RN, was born with just three fingers on her right hand. Aged 18, RN had the hand amputated after a car accident. She later began to feel that her missing limb was still present, and developed a “phantom” hand.
RN was aware of a full complement of fingers, but her phantom thumb and index finger … (continue reading): Woman’s missing digits grow back in phantom form – health – 10 August 2012 – New Scientist.
- Woman’s missing fingers grow back in phantom form (foxnews.com)
- Woman’s missing digits grow back in phantom form (newscientist.com)
- Phantom Limbs: Woman Experiences Hand that Does Not Exist (sott.net)
- Woman born missing a finger and thumb grows them back as phantom limb (dailymail.co.uk)
- Phantom limb (myhealthaccount.wordpress.com)